• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cheryl

Can you please help me? We have an American Standard bathtub fixture, with duel faucets. When the knobs are removed the water pressure is great, it will shoot to the back of the tub. When the knobs are put back on, the is only a trickle and a very little one at that. We have cleaned the pipes, changed the knobs and still the same thing. We have not been able to use this tub for 4 years. PLEASE tell us what we can do to fix this problem! Thank You very much for any information

Jim -ATS

The hot takes a quick jab at cold’s head, cold is out well, COLD! hee hee

It sounds like you might have a situation where the knob limits the amount you can open the valve. Some knobs have a little tab or something that interacts with the faucet to keep you from turning the knob any farther, or opening the valve more. This can be for compliance to water conservation requirements, or simply to keep you from undoing the valve altogether.

You may be able to disable the tab by bending or breaking it off, or by installing the knob so that the tab hits at the closed position so you have a larger range of motion before the tab hits the stop again…

On the other hand, you could replace the whole faucet, they don’t cost much.

Or you could contact American Standard directly and ask them what they were thinking when they made the faucet. Just type American Standard into a search engine and you should find their website and phone number…

Good luck!

MARCIA WRIGHT

Sir, one or both of my Delta knobs in the bathtub is leaking. I have pulled the caps off, taken out the long screws and I am now confused. Coming out of the wall are 2 silver pieces with plastic pieces coming out of them that supposedly come out in order for me to get to the washers. I have tried to use a 15/16 socket to try and turn these metal pieces but it is not big enough to go around. What can I do? These Delta knobs have been in the bathroom I believe since 1986 when the townhouse was built. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.