Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      eflucier
      Participant

my husband and i are renovating our bathroom. we’re installing a clawfoot tub, and for a host of reasons, neither of us wants to tile around it. a friend of mine said this would be a bad idea, that the moisture from the shower will damage the walls. i think with the shower curtain around the entire tub, the wall will be protected enough from moisture that tile isn’t necessary as long as we use waterproof drywall/drywall and use a good quality paint. i need some feedback on this, though, as i can’t find information specific to this topic. any thoughts? thanks!

riverhawk
      Participant

in bathrooms and deals like your going to do is lack of venting. Vent the air to the outside and keep the fan running even after you get out of the tub/shower. People don’t realize how much moisture a shower will add to the room. Your already ahead of the game because you already knew,just be sure you dont get sloppy and remember to get a fan big enought too.

HKestenholz
      Participant

I finished my falling-off tiles and green drywall by removing it and installing cement-board covered with sheet plastic wall-board from the depot. No way moisture can harm that wall any more.

http://www.heatpro.us FREE heat/cool right-sizing

Yes, you really have to find out the MAKE and MODEL to get good answers. There IS more than one machine made.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.