Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      acarolipio
      Participant

I currently rent a house and have reached an agreement with the landlord to do so repairs. I noticed that one of the bathroom sink is leaking. To make a long story short, the sink and vanity need to be replaced. No big deal except that the drain pipe for the sink is on the side of the wall not the back of the wall where most sinks have it. I bought a pre-assembled vanity from the hardware store and not quite sure how to get the drian pip to it. I imagine that I can use a door knob driller to make the hole for the pipe, but am trying to avoid this. (Making holes in things and having them match up isn’t my best skills.) Any Ideas? How hard would it be to move the pipe? Anything less than smashing a wall?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Tanks,
      Aaron

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi Hope this helps you out. I saw a plumber do this with my swiming pool plumbing. He needed to bend the white pipe to get around a sight bend so he used a heat gun to soften the pipe and I couldn’t belive how well it worked. So I was thinking if you can’t line up the hole perfectly you can do the same thing with a heat gun and bend the pipe to fit. Noelene

Unregistered-lg

just cut a hole large enough for the pipe to pass through it need not be exact.it is hidden within the vanity.same with the water pipes.nice large square hole big enough for the shutoffs to pass completly through doesn’t need to be exact at all.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.