Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-akssss

My shower valve recently just became unattached – it is solid brass. Anyhow it fell onto the tub near the drain and created a couple of 1/2″ diameter holes. I think – not sure that it went all the way through. Without having to replace the plastic tub, are there any quick fixes. If this is not fixed Im sure it will leak and that would cause even greater problems.

Also is there a way to re adhere the shower valve so that it does not keep falling off w/out replacing it. It is a knob that you push and pull to start the shower. All of this is about 9 years old and needs to be updated but do not want to remodel quite yet! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

riverhawk
      Participant

look inside the handle and see if there is a spot to put a screw. I’ll bet one time it fell out when the handle came tumbeling off. If I didn’t have a clue for a fix i would probably just go the the best Ace hardware store in the area and tell em what your problem is and all you want is a quick fix. They should be able to help out with something.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.