Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years, 7 months ago by Unregistered-minkieb1121@msn.com.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-G2Tek1

I am expecting a newborn early next year, and as you can predict, I am being sent to the basement (My work office). My plan is to divide the basement in two and only finish one half (keeping the boilers out of the enclosed room). My concern lies in how I should finish the floor. I have ~7 feet of clearance and I was considering putting a raised floor in. One problem I’ve heard of is that a raised/insulated floor has a tendancy to mold. My other option is to resurface the floor (the floor is not level and is old) and put down tile. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MiniFoxx
      Participant

probably won’t be of much help but I have to ask WHY are you being sent to the basement? That is not the best place for a baby unless it is finished.

A floor would only have a tendency to mold if there is moisture. If you have a lot of humidity/condensation and/or water seepage, then you will most likely have mold. (This part I do know about).

If we had a little more info on your basement it might help the others answer. Is any of the basement finished?

So as I said, I’m sure this didn’t help much but I had to ask Why?

BOL to you and your newborn ~ I have 6 of them!!! 🙂

MiniFoxx
      Moderator – Construction Project Blog
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/BBS/Construction_Project_Blog/flat-page1.html

Some have better luck next time around,
      some don’t, and some don’t even try.

Unregistered-minkieb1121@msn.com

Every time it rains a lot the water comes betwwen my walls and my floor of my garage. My husband wants to know what would be the best way to fix this problem or to water proof it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.