Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-Dnicejr

My wife and I love our house and it’s location, but really miss having a basement. Currently we have a cinder block crawlspace. Is it feasible to add a basement under our existing house, and what pitfalls are there to doing this?

theeagle
      Participant

call the house movers and they can raise the house up(you may or may not be able to live in it with temporary sewer/water/electrical hookups).
      and then find a spot for the stairs.. upgrade a smaller electrical panal..upgrade heating or adding new ducts.
      and then depending on the foundation upgrades needed or added too,etc. for the new basement walls plus a basement slab with plumbing underneath for new bedrooms, etc…about $30,000 and up, depending on work needing to be done.

pitfalls are if your current crawlspace has water problems..i never recommend going below natural drainage…..and having to climb stairs…or raising a house that is old with structural problems.

Remember the past or all is lost. http://www.geocities.com/theeagles_page/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.