Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kassy360
      Participant

Last year I purchased a large victorian thats been converted into 4 apt. units. The house is approx. 130 years old. At some point all the walls in 1 of the apartments became painted over wallpaper. The wallpaper is coming loose in several areas, big bubbles between wall and paper with possible water damage contributing in 1 corner. The water damage issue itself is taken care of. I am unsure if the walls are so bad the paper was put up and intentionally painted over? Or someone just got lazy (looking at other stuff in the house this is my guess). So what is the easiest (and cheapest)way to put these walls back together? Strip and repaper? Replaster? The paper is not secure enough to do anything on top of it. Could I throw panelling over everything and call it a day?

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi, sounds like you have nothing to lose if you try pulling he wall paper off. If the walls are ok under the wallpaper and just need a touch up job that would save you money. But the worst case would be the walls are falling to bits then go to your last plan and panel over it. But I am thinking what you are thinking, someone just got lazy. Noelene

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.