• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      R. Meilleur

I was wondering if there is an easy way to attach drywall to a cement basement wall, without having to use furring strips or drilling holes in the concrete. The wall currently has a 1″ sterofoam over it that was attached with with adhesive.

Moderator, Steve

using 1/4 inch drywall I suppose that you could liquid nails this to the foam. time will only tell.

Scott

Sounds like the wall is set for Dryvit.Just a thought.Luck

freddy b

hate to say it but i would not just glue the dry wall to the insulation. Furring strips or framing the wall would be your best bet for a longer and better job with less hassles in the future

money and time not spent now will get ya in the pocket later.

framing the wall would be my perfered choice and you do not have to fasten it to the concrete wall you can go to the floor joist above ya and glue it to the floor as long as you make it a tight fit

will be alot easier to run your electrical also

in the walls and install outlets

freddy b

hate to say it but i would not just glue the dry wall to the insulation. Furring strips or framing the wall would be your best bet for a longer and better job with less hassles in the future

money and time not spent now will get ya in the pocket later.

framing the wall would be my perfered choice and you do not have to fasten it to the concrete wall you can go to the floor joist above ya and glue it to the floor as long as you make it a tight fit

will be alot easier to run your electrical also

in the walls and install outlets

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.