Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi,
      I have an older model Asko dishwasher. Model number 1256. The model numbers may be different were you are but you still maybe able to give me clues on what could be wrong.

The front of the dishwasher is very simple. It has an on/of button under the open and close handle. It has a temperature button to set temperature at 55c or 65c and a dial to select the wash cycle. The dial you turn in a clock wise direction. That dial is a combined selector switch and timer.

The timer/selector dial has 6 settings
      1. Rinse and Hold
      2. Intensive Wash
      3. Normal Wash
      4. Light Wash
      5. Rinses
      6. Drying

When the cycle gets to 4. (Light wash) it gets half way though and the dial doesn’t move on to 5. (Rinses). It just keeps washing the dishes for hours unless I move it on manually and it does it again between 5 and 6 mode. I replaced the timer/selector with a new part from Asko. (part number 8056033) but its still doing the same thing.

What else could cause the dishwasher to freeze the dial half way though washing and rinsing cycle? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you from Noelene.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi again,

Could a faultly capacitor cause this problem to happen during the wash cycle and rince cycle?

Thank you once again
      regards from Noelene

DanO
      Participant

** What else could cause the dishwasher to freeze the dial half way though washing and rinsing cycle? **

The timer may be waiting for something to occur (sensor to trip, motor to draw a certain amount of current, water temperature to get to a certain point, etc.) before allowing the cycle to continue. I’m afraid I have no idea what should be occurring at that point on your model.

Many appliances list some diagnostic procedures with its wiring diagram which might help. Otherwise you’d likely need to consult its service manual or ask someone familiar with that exact model what is suppose to be occurring at that time and then check its functioning.

** Could a faulty capacitor cause this problem to happen during the wash cycle and rinse cycle? **

Does your dishwasher has a capacitor?

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Jasper
      Participant

* I couldn’t find a wiring diagram to do any analysis, however you need to look at the condition the machine is in at the time of failure.
      * When it fails between cycles 4-5 and 5-6 it sounds like it may be waiting for the water to empty out. It senses this when the “Float” is no longer floating.
      * Question: is there water in the bottom?
      * Question: Does the pump come on?
      * Question: If you manually remove the water without spinning the timer switch, does the cycle resume?
      * Question: What else do you observe?
      * Question: What capacitor are you talking about? The start capacitor on the motor? A capacitor accross some contacts?
      * If the motor starts, and it has a capacitor, then the capacitor is good.
      * Good luck… Adios… Jasper…

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.