• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-KRISHNA

I have lennox gas heat and on the manual it mentions that if the gas valve is of honeywell then set the anticipator on .9.
      When the handyman checked the thermostat(white rodgers ) with a meter he mentioned that it should be set at .7.
      My problem is the furnace run for 2 min /fan runs for 3.5 min total 5.5 min.
      and turns on every 6-10 min depending on cold outside.
      Could anybody explain how heat anticipator works and what should be my setting?

Unregistered-lg

it’s like a small heater within the thermostat that tells it that it is time to open even though the room has not reached the set temperature yet.then the remaining heat in the system brings it up the rest of the way so you don’t get major temperature swings and variances.

it’s supposed to be set according to the draw of the gas valve.this is a starting point.

so if you feel that your furnace is running too often for short periods then set it up one point at a time and observe the difference you can always move it back.

Unregistered-Dodgeman

Lg is correct, the anticipator is to be set to the amount of current that your gas valve draws. But this is a starting point depending on your partictular situation.
      In general, the lower the number is set, the more often your furnace will cycle, but the temperature will have less variation in your house. The higher the number is set, the furnace will cycle less, but you will have wider temperature swings in the house.
      Good Luck!
      Dodgeman

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.