Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nina09
      Participant

I have a 17?? home that I am in the process of bringing to life. the walls are .80 meters thick. I would like to add windows to the this structure, 2 of them. How do I proceed so that I do not bring down the wall?

tomh
      Participant

If you are cutting into demolishing 80 cm thickness of stone or masonry, this is not a DIY project. Special cutting tools and support is needed. Call a qualified mason to create the rough opening.

Aside from the mechanical aspect of this project, have you checked into permits? You may need permission to alter a structure in an historic district or which is itself, historic. There may be engineering or other regulatory requirements for altering this structure and maintaining safety. What is the location?

Tom

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

so far this is the 2nd & all advice’s been the same,,, this isn’t diy work UNLESS you’re an experienced historical contractor used to working w/heavy walls,,, you will need a VERY sound header requiring diamond wall sawing,,, that is a specialty involving approx $100K+ worth of equipment,,, there’s nothing you can rent that’ll do this job.

itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative conc artisan
      conc repairs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.