Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      JohnR31
      Participant

Hi, this is my first building question on this board, and it’s a doosy…

I’ve developed a need to mount a large safe somewhere discreet in my home where it’s unlikely to be found and broken into by a determined intruder. I’m a firm believer that the best security is not a bigger lock, but a better hiding place. So, I’ve decided that an ideal place would be behind some free-hanging insulation in my crawl-space, if this is possible. I’ve determined that if I could cut a rough hole in the cement, I’ll have enough room for a safe about the size of a mini-fridge (Huge, I know, but it’s the price one pays for wanting to keep firearms to oneself =), if I can build myself a neat little “box” back into the dirt next to my house.

Given, this is an extremely ambitious (and ODD) project, I was hoping someone might have some advice as to how to go about all this…proper tools for the job, pitfalls to beware of, etc. Hope I haven’t already made a name for myself as crazy on this board =). You could call me crazy, but I’d prefer eccentric.

-John

carl21l
      Participant

my main concern with your proposal is that moisture will tend to penitrate into the storage and potentially rust or mildew anything stored inside. JMHO

Carl

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.