Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Jim C

I’m trying to add two exterior flood lights to an existing 3 way switch flood light. All will be on a 15 amp circuit. The existing flood is controlled by an interior switch in the house and and an exterior one at the bottom of the stairs. My desire is to add two new flood lights.. connected and controlled at the existing exterior box. Since this is a dusk to dawn operation I’d like all the lights to work off of a photo cell. However.. I want the switches to remain active.. with or without the photo cell. The exitsing wiring appears to be 14-3. I’ve installed two 12-3 wires from the new flood lights to the switch box. I’m a novice so.. simple works. Also.. the new floods have a white(common) and black(hot) connection. Do I need to connect both the red and white 12-3 to the white flood connection or just the white to the common and black to the hot? Thanks

Unregistered-doug

“……Since this is a dusk to dawn operation I’d like all the lights to work off of a photo cell. However.. I want the switches to remain active.. with or without the photo cell……”

You can’t make this work ……..

The new wires(lights) should be run to the existing Light………..

see Controlling More Than One Light

LarryG
      Participant

the only way the new lights will work(the way you want them to)is if they are parallel with the existing light.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.