Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      KMG2929
      Participant

Hi

I’m trying to install a Acrylic bath Tub 60×30

The Instructions say to use 1″ 1/4 Stanless steel screws to secure the tub into the studs.

I have talked to people and they tell me you run a high risk of the Tub Cracking,after it sets with the water+person inside it.

I’ve been told to use Bathtub mounting clips but again,I’ve called around and they tell me those are just for Cast Iron Tubs.

The Company warranty’s the tub to be installed with the screws but I really don’t know who to trust now if I run a high risk of the thing cracking.

I’ve also been told to use self-leveling compound,I’m not even sure what brand to use and plus the sub floor is brand new and level already.

I was told it helps with Squeaks the tub will make.I have been looking and see some rubber sheets I can use under the tub to give the same affect.

Do I even need anything under the new tub???

The company tells me I don’t need any extra support(2×4’s) as the tub can support it’s own weight.

I’m just trying to figure out how this tub should be installed the correct way.

I also should add The one wall is not square.

I test fitted the tub and took some 1/2 Tile backer board and with the tub pushed all the way into place.

Nailing/screwing edge at studs the 1/2 Backer Board seems to overlap the edge in that corner not sit flush.

Can I use Wood shims to fix this???

Thanks for your time

Unregistered-zzz111

Screws are good pour three or four boxes of drywall compound if you like under tub . (Wall) just have to do what you can or square it up now Just install per instructions you will be ok the more people you talk to the more you question. Or call the plumber

jfh1967
      Participant

I put only few stainless steel screws. Then i spayed few spots of foam insulation (Low expansion). Before, i filled up the bath of water.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.