Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum A question I think I already know the answer to. Broken acrylic tub.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bruno1949
      Participant

The upstairs bath in my new/old house has a rather nice looking acrylic lounger style tub with shower surround but there’s a 6 inch crack in the bottom of the tub. Apparently the last owners installed it without the proper support? There is an access panel in the bedroom so I can get under the tub somewhat but there isn’t any way to ‘fix’ the crack, right? I will have to gut the entire bathroom to remove the old tub/surround and put in a new one and I’m really not thrilled with the idea. Luckily I have a full bath downstairs too, but tearing all that out is work I’d like to avoid. I’m hoping there’s some magic fix for this but I know better. Still, I thought I’d ask.

Unregistered-emarsi@aol.com

I went to an AUTO PART STORE. I bought an acrylic kit used for CORVETTES. Be very careful as it dries very quick. You must have proper ventilation also. I can tell you that I used it ona stall shower in an RV. It lasted for 20 years.

motionspace
      Participant

I had an acrylic shower pan with a crack that the manufactured fixed under warranty. They came in and filled the crack and recoated the entire pan so there were no issues with it blending in.

Motionspace Architecture + Design
      http://www.motion-space.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.