Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum 30 year old wallboard or laminate, the shiny kind

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-shide

Help! I have a built in desk in the bedroom. The top is laminate , such as used in a kitchen, the shiny kind. I want to do something with the top—paint or something. It is so out of place in the bedroom. Any suggestions without major renovation? I will have to do it myself. I thought about a decorative tile, painting, anything!……….PS……..I forgot to ask if paint would adhere to the ugly laminate or wallboard, and if so what about doing a faux marble look.

HenryinMI
      Participant

If you do any writing, the effect of a pen will soon have any paint flaking off. Tile is great but the surface will not be smooth and may make what you want to do on the desk difficult. Adding a layer of laminate that matches your decor is one way to go but this will be difficult if you don’t have a table saw and router. My desk top is real linoleum but this is difficult to find. You might see if you can find sheet vinyl flooring that fits your needs.

Henry in MI

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.