Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Chamanda

I recently relocated my laundry room to a different room in the house.

The electrician put in a junction box where the old 220 plug was and ran a new wire to the new location.

Our clothes dryer worked well for 2 months and now won’t turn on. The dryer is new. When testing the 220 plug, I’m getting 110 per side but not 240 across.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Unregistered-lg

a fuse could be blown or a breaker is tripped.

Unregistered-lg

or something might be wrong with the dryer.

DanO
      Participant

** I’m getting [120] per side but not 240 across. **

Those readings are without anything plugged into it right??

** electrician put in a junction box where the old plug was and ran a new wire to the new location. Any ideas on what is wrong? **

I’m afraid the only way someone will be able to determine the cause would be to actually look at the connections at both ends and anything in between. There might be a problem at the outlet, the breaker panel end or added juction box.

JMO

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Jasper
      Participant

* Has the Dryer worked at the new location?
      * Measure inside of the junction box, Do you have 240 Volts?
      * Is your measurement made with the Dryer plugged in? If so, one of the phases is open at the plug or at the Dryer Breaker. and you are reading the same 240 volkts going into the dryer and comes out of the other side
      * At the circuit breaker for the dryer, measure the 240 going into the breaker and for the 240 going out of the breaker, with the dryer plugged in and with the Dryer not plugged in. If there is no voltage at the breaker with the dryer unplugged, then the Dryer 240 Breaker is bad.
      * If you have 240 going out of the Breaker, then some one is running a single phase to both sides of the Dryer 229 volt junction box.
      * Good luck… Adios… Jasper…

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.