Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum #109.0703 Craftsman (Atlas) metal lathe. I need the Dead Center for it??/

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years, 7 months ago by Unregistered-Rocket Scientist (non-moderator).
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      keith323
      Participant

I have a 109.0703 Craftsman metal lathe. I am in need of a dead center for it. It is 3/8″, or .375 (I think), or I know for sure that it is #0 Morse Taper. So the rest of the measurments should be the same as any #0?
      anyone have any help on finding this?

HenryinMI
      Participant

I checked one of the best general catalogs that I know of and the smallest they showed was a 1MT. If you can’t get any direction on finding a source, I think that your approach may have to be to find the names of dead center manufacturers by visiting your local tool distributor and either start checking the manufacturers individual catalogs there or the manufacturer’s web sites.

FWIW, there are really only a few companies that print catalogs and they sell them to small distributors with the distributors covers on them. Riten, Collis Tool and Morse, make, supply or import dead centers. Motor Tool Mfg Co. may be able to make or supply one also. Of course, there are also companies like Small Parts that specialize in equipment for making small projects and magazines for small projects that have ads for supplies.

Henry in MI

Unregistered-Rocket Scientist (non-moderator)

Sherline Products
      1-800-541-0735

Part# 40390 #0 MT dead center
      $6.00

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.