homebild
Participant

See my previous post where I posted a link to a picture of a ‘decorative shroud’ and asked you if it looked like this:

http://discussions.tommmymac.us/wwwboard/messages/vent_cap_331604.html

You said it did.

My comments were based on your affirmative answer…..which you are telling us is entirely different.

The ‘decorative shroud’ shown in the link above cannot be used with pellet vents or oil vents.

What you describe is something totally different.

But whatever you have, it is having the same net effect: which is to disallow proper ventilation of these chimney terminations and should never have been installed there in the first place.

Caps for Type L vents (oil vents) and Type PL Vents (pellet vents) come specifically with their own listed caps.

NONE are interchangeable between vent types and I know of no caps or shrouds that are listed for use with both simultaneously.

Don’t care who says otherwise. Chimnet Sweep or Code Inspector.

I’m a certified Mechanical Code Inspector and based on your continued description what you have installed is extremely dangerous and violates every known mechanical code for vent termination.

Unless you can show me something different, I stand on my comments and you need to remove the shroud or risk asphyxiation.

Sorry