Unregistered-camdids

The type cap installed is not permitted over the terminations of these type of appliances.

It is a code violation to do so.

“Whomever istalled this cap needs to come back and remove it and refund you your money.

Typically these decorative shrouds are only permitted to be used over gas appliances and must be of a type that is listed for use with those appliances.

Can’t be used or installed the way the technician did for oil vents or pellet vents.

well I’m not sure what Cap you looked at,But for one I wouldn’t call a large Black Steel Cage “Decorative”. Also I dont think I could walk far here in MA. that doesnt have one of these. I’m looking out my window now and can see at least 6 of my neighbors who have Exactly the same set up. Go to any Chimney Sweep Web Site and you’ll see recomendations for the like. Also when I had the Pellet Stove Installation Checked by the Local Building Inspector, He speciffically Suggested Capping the Chimney as at the time we had nothing there.He was very aware that the other Flue Vented the Oil Furnace.