Nemodogdad
Participant

Do you mean that I should leave the diverter that is in place and just attach a new model spout with a diverter attached? The diverter I am trying to make right has a pressed in, all brass valve that extends all the way into the cast brass manifold. It will allow the tub to fill with no seepage from the shower, it’s the shower position that is driving me nuts. If it would be helpful, I can send pictures of the manifold. The pic’s of the diverter valve would just show a 4″ stem that is threaded for the first 5/8″ and then another 3 1/2 to 4 inches to where brass meets brass inside the manifold. I’m tempted to try using a puller to TRY to extract the diverter stem & valve, but I’ve been warned that this may render the entire rough in unusable. I can not find any diagrams of this type of set-up anywhere online, and would be hard pressed to purchase an entirely new set-up. Any other ideas that might work? Is there anywhere that a model number should be presed into the manifold casting that I have missed? I’m relatively sure that I can perform the work-around you have sugested, but the big problem there is that the spout is so corroded that I can’t figure out how to remove it. Thanks again for your timely help. At least we can use the bathroom now, but I really regret using so much water unnessessarily.