About 13,000 Navien Instantaneous (or Tankless) Water Heaters were recently recalled due to a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the CPSC, the water heaters were found to have an unstable connection that causes the vent collar to separate or detach if pressure is applied. The detached vent collar poses the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fortunately there have not been any incidents or injuries reported.

Consumers who own a recalled unit should immediately contact Navien to schedule a free repair. In instances where use of the recalled unit is continued while waiting for the repair, a carbon monoxide alarm should be installed outside all the sleeping areas of the home.

Credit: CPSC