If you are looking for a new home, you know that one big turnoff can be the smell of a place. Moving into a smoker’s home as a non-smoker can be especially challenging for some people. If you still want the home but not the smell, here are some steps you can take to improve the indoor air quality.
1) Scrub down everything you can over the sink or outside.
2) Remove carpet and padding and replace if possible.
3) Use a heavy-duty primer to seal in smoke on the walls.
4) If necessary, clean ductworks and chimneys.
5) Wash baseboards with a lemon juice and water mixture.