• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      fred bock

I just took down all the plastic shutters on the house to paint, and I had to kill literaly dozens of yellojacket/wasp nests.
      The house looks naked without shutters, and I would like to put up wood shutters, but, I don’t want a repeat of this problem. Is there anything I can do to discourage the bugs from nesting in back of the shutters?

Steve

We have the same problem. A couple times a year, I go out after the sun sets with a couple cans of bee/wasp killer and spray into the louvers. The cans have enough power to get the second floor shutters if needed. I attack only the shutters known to have bee’s. I don’t know of any way to prevent them from starting the nests.

Richard

I’m a professional exterminator and anytime you remove or look for bee nests you want to do it at night when the bees are at rest. That way you can just take the nests down and not be stung

MadMic

Does anyone know how to get rid of wasps that live underground. They dig up dirt and fly into their nests underground. They are about 2 inches long. Nasty little things. Thanks for any comments.

Fred Smoot

The life span of this species??

paul

I like the look of full functioning shutters, but hate painting them all the time. I have been looking for solid plastic, full functioning shutters. I doubt the bees will like them. I have not found any manufacturer of the product yet.

Ron

I am looking for a name of a wasp i came across here in the state of maine i have never seen before. It is about 1 and a half inches long the body is orange and the tip of the back end is black or blue not sure. the body is furry like a bee and they are digging holes in my dirt driveway and very aggresive. any help on these would be great.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.