• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      A Boswell

Does anyone know where I can find out basic prices for windows online. I am considering wood and vinyl windows, and brandswise: Pella, Anderson and Alside.

Thank you

tomh

I recommend you make a written window schedule. This is an inventory of each window, its type and its dimension. A schedule can be sent to local representatives and suppliers for bids. You will get much lower prices if you bid the entire schedule just as a contractor would. Any other way and you are just a retail customer.

When I bid these projects, I create a table with columns for item number, description, length, width, height, comment, unit price and extended price. Mail or provide your bid to local suppliers. The unstated message is that you are informed, buying in quantity and expect to get a builder’s price. DO NOT buy from non-local suppliers, big-box stores or the internet and expect to get good follow up service. Your local supplier, especially for high-end products, expects to deliver and service the installed product in the event of problems. Try it, you’ll like it!

leer

I like Marvin for double hung windows. They are in the top three and will be here tommorow. I like Pella casement and that is what I put on my home.

Nasrin Yeganeh

I am looking to change windows of the house we just purchased. We are on a limited budget and would like to know were we can puechase the best vinyl widows.

Warren

I found online pricing for Alside at http://www.thewindowsite.com/quotes.htm.

I don’t think Pella and Andersen allow their dealers to post prices online because I haven’t found any that do.

Good luck,

W

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.