Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RyanGK
      Participant

I will soon be purchasing wide plank wood flooring for my new townhome. I like the decorative look of rosehead, or sqaure cut, nails on each plank. Being that I will be installing this flooring over concrete, I will need to install a moisture barrier. Further, the nails must be short in length, as they will not actually be nailing anything down. I want them more for decorative purposes. Will I be able to find an installer to do this? How much should I expect to pay for something like this? I plan on having roughly 2,000 squre feet of wood flooring. Thanks in advance.

tomh
      Participant

Before you go out and buy this flooring, you need to determine if what you propose is feasible at all. Wide solid plank flooring is inherently unstable and is prone to expansion, cupping and other responses to moisture and environmental changes. I have never heard of it being applied in anything but a true nail-down application on a built subfloor. Engineered wood and laminates are the usual choices for floating a floor over concrete.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.