Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Handyman
      Participant

What home repair/renovation projects are you hoping to work on in the next few months? The team at discussions.tommmymac.us wants to help. Installing a new countertop? Repairing a few roof shingles? Adding a light fixture? Please post a few of your upcoming projects — and we’ll let you know if it becomes a feature on discussions.tommmymac.us.
      Tip: Don’t just post one word responses. If it’s a countertop, what kind do you have now and what are you thinking of replacing it with? What are your concerns about the task? Don’t be shy.

Unregistered-treysimmons

My next to-do is to mount a flat-screen and build 2 built-in seating areas. The built-ins will be stained and have some custom upholstered cushions. The built-ins will also hold the media components as well.

Unregistered-guest

replace masonite garage door.. it’s falling apart.

would like to replace front and back doors (exterior). Some jug head who built the house put hollow cores on both.

Not looking forward to either.

Unregistered-hubeverly

Replace plywood with hardwood stairs with trimwork, need something so the stairs are ‘kids’ friendly

Unregistered-hubeverly

Need to re-mortar old brick wall in my 150+ year old house and make it sealed so it doesn’t leak water

Unregistered-hubeverly

Need to create/find plans for a simple small dog house and build it soon.

Unregistered-lavon werner

We are hoping to be able to put the addition on before winter comes along. We are looking to extend our main roof line out and over our kitchen roof to be able to add a long awaited laundry room to be put onto the house, by doing this we could also extend the two rooms with slanted walls regular size walls and closets and possibly a small bathroom which would be over the bathroom down stairs.Do you have any addvise on this project. I have been waiting 13 years for project in order to have a regular kitchen in my house. The House Wife and MOM

Bruno1949
      Participant

New furnace, water heater, 100 amp AC panel, alarm system. Needs new roof and some ceiling replacement upstairs. The kitchen was gutted, so new kitchen too. Lots and lots of minor stuff like trim, paint, doors and flooring. Who said retirement was boring?

bexterinni61
      Participant

I want to replace my laminate counter top with 12″ granite tiles, and then tile my backsplash. I hope to do this project over the fall/winter months.

boothbay
      Participant

Installing a front door mortise lock with a bolt…step by step if possisble would be nice. A tin backsplash for the kitchen. Preparing a wall in bathroom where the old wallpaper was removed by one or two swift peelings. Preparing to paint it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.