Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Jojuma

Does anyone know what could be happening? I live in a 3 bedroom home that was built in 1960. There is a carpeted hallway between the bedrooms and the bath that is suddenly soaking wet. At first, I got out the carpet shampooer, thinking the new puppy had had a few very volume-filled accidents while no one was looking. What excess I got up, though, with the carpet shampooer, wasn’t nearly as smelly or as dirty as it should have been if that had been the case. I barricaded the hallway so the puppy couldn’t return, just in case, though, and the next morning, the carpet was soaked again. since then I’ve been using the shampooer and sopping up the mess with towels, but I’m not keeping up with it, and I’m wondering what on earth is going on. Anyone know?

Jasper
      Participant

* The water source is uphill from where the wet spot is.
      * If it is next to a wall, the water could be comming from the other side of the wall or uphill from that spot.
      * I have had a pipe burst inside the wall due to the pipe comming through the slab and then the slab moveing up and down “Sanding” the pipe to the point where it burst.
      * Take your shoes off and walk the area both near where the wet spot is and up and down the hall. The weight of your body squeezes the carpet and helps to show the moisture.
      * The bathroom being the source is always a culprit. Check that your toilet is not leaking. It can leak, then the water follows the wall to where it exits and you detect it some way from the toilet.
      * Good luck… Adios… Jasper…

Jasper Castillo

riverhawk
      Participant

The very first thing I would do is turn off the water to the bathroom and then clean up the hallway. Then I would go turn on the water to the bathroom and wait awhile to see if puddle came back. If it didn’t I would run the bath for a while and check floor again –no water –try running the sink. Ill bet you will find a broken pipe fitting or leak in drain. Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.