• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chet

I have a Submursible pump in my well. and a holding tank in the houes, My question is the water pressure drops alot before the pump kicks on and the pressure guage says it has 30 lbs pressure in it. The pressure is set 40lbs off 20lbs on. Why does the pressure at the faucets drop off so much while the pressure guage still reads around 30lbs. The whole system is only about 6 months old. We didn’t have this problem with our Jet Well pump.

Dodgeman

It sounds to me like you have a holding tank that has a bladder in it to separate the air from the water and hold the air precharge.

From what you described, the air precharge is set to 30 psi and the “on” pressure for the pump is set for 20 psi. This is not good, as the tank will run out of water before the pump kicks back on. Thus the water pressure drops way off just as the pump restarts.

You need to shut off the power to the pump, open up a faucet until water completely stops running out. Then check the precharge of air in the tank. It should be approximately 10 psi for your pressure switch which is set to turn on at 20 psi. Bleed air out or add air to get the 10 psi. Leave the faucet open while you do this.

After the precharge is set for 10 psi, turn the power back on.

Good Luck!

Dodgeman

Flametechnic Co.,Ltd

Pressure Tank Size 300 Gallon 600 psi

UL/FM Approvals

rhonda ellison

put in a new pump and we still dont have water into the house. can hear water coming up into the pipes and a small trinkle from the pipe but nothing in the house. tank is set for 20lb of pressure so what do i need to do

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.