• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      GWilly

I have had pergo on my entire 1st floor for a year and half. I discovered that my floors were “squishing” when I walked on it. I am not sure where the leak is coming from, but here is my question. After I discover the source of the leak will my floor ever recover? I have fans on them now to dry them out.

Please help, they are starting to buckle.

Jeff

Sounds like a problem…moisture that is underneath the flooring will probably start to mold I would think, and could also cause the Pergo to delaminate if it’s really wet. Pergo is basically an MDF-type product faced with laminate, and is not intended to be used in damp locations such as bathrooms, etc. Are you sure it’s squishing from moisture? Pergo is installed over a layer of foam cushioning…could it be the foam that is squishing? Does it happen everwhere you walk? Just some ideas…

GWilly

Thanks Jeff. I had the floor people come in and look and it’s a bit buckled. I have had fans running for 3 days and they told me to continue for a few weeks to truly dry it.

There is a remote possibility it might come back, but hey I guess that’s why we have a homeowner’s policy right?

Thanks again Jeff

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.