• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      J Scheff

We just poured a new concrete patio this summer and now it’s all stained from the walnut tree hanging directly over it. Every morning there is black stuff all over it, we hose it off, but there are purple/black stains all over it now. Is there any way to remove these stains? And then prevent them? Other that cutting down the tree, which we are seriously considering.

Jay J -Moderator

HI J,

You can try a Power/Pressure Washer. I’m not sure if it’s stained in the sense that there was a ‘liquid’ that got into the concrete. Yes, concrete is somewhat porous but perhaps it dried quickly enough that it’s not that deep. A water hose only gives about 40lbs of press, give or take.

Have you tried scrubbing lightly (with a Nylon-bristle brush) with household dish detergent (like Dawn or Dove)? Other than that, you can try a ‘true’ concrete cleaner. They sell it at the Home Centers.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: I’d start by pruning the trees, in the least. After that, if the nuts still pose a problem, you can prune some more or cut them down …

randal

you could put a roof over the pourch or paint the pourch purple and black? or pick the walnuts from the tree.DONT CUT THE TREE DOWN.

Bruce

my children were playing on the patio with the black wqalnuts how do we get the stains off there hands?

Bruce

my children were playing on the patio with the black walnuts how do we get the stains off there hands?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.