Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-cluelessathome

I try to make this short… Bought a 37 yr old house over the summer. I tackled the living room for a new paint. I noticed lots of chipping – which with a scraper came off. Then I speckled and sanded. The problem is: TOO MANY SPACKLE spots now. So I tried to paint it but the light orange color I picked showed all the Spackle patches in the small area I tested. Then I went to Home Depot they gave me Killz Primer Stain Cover. I tried – too runny on the wall barely covers my Spackle spots. On the other wall (small area) I tried to use my ceiling paint – first coat. That shows the white spackle spots too. I wait for it to dry and see if I can paint it again. I might have to paint it over a few times with the ceiling paint before I can apply my two finishing coats. I wonder though if the spots can be fully covered? Why Home Depot did not give me a thicker primer to use? I am beginning to lose hope…. If you have any advise, please help. Thank you.

thiggy
      Participant

Was your Kilz well stirred prior to use? I have used it in the past with no problems covering drywall patching. What size nap did you have on your roller when it sagged? You may have been using too much paint on your roller. I imagine you purchased the latex Kilz. Their most effective primer is the solvent-based product. It dries much faster than the latex product, also.

lapseal
      Participant

I found a fantastic Valspar Paint at Lowe’s. It’s actually a floor and porch paint. It covers extremely well, I am sure you could have it tinted to any Valspar color, it is Latex satin or gloss finish water clean up. I am sure this will do a good job that’s washable and long lasting.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.