• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bobbi

My husband and I had new vynil flooring layed in the kitchen about 4 years ago. We’ve noticed some semi-deep scratches in an area. They range from 4 to 12 inches in lenght. Is there anyway to remove them or cover them up so they arn’t so noticable? The vynil we chose in color is a light-to-medium tan squares. The scratches are so noticeable, can you help?

Steve:

If so, all you need to do is to remove the bad squares and replace them. I do hope that you over estimated the floor job back then and saved some extra squares?

To do this, get a sharp chissel and gouge a hole in the middle of the square, then carefull work out to the border. Do not gouge the neighbor or you will be replacing it also. When removed, clean out the debris and old mastic, then lay the new tile in the hole being sure to follow the position of the new tile.

This is it. Now if you have sheet vinyl, let me know and I will tell you how to repair that

mike dennis

I recently had a new vynil sheet flooring laid .I then dragged my washing machine back to its original location and left a nasty long scratch in the vynil. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation as my wife is going crazy!

mike dennis

I recently had a new vynil sheet flooring laid .I then dragged my washing machine back to its original location and left a nasty long scratch in the vynil. Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation as my wife is going crazy!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.