Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Trouble with new Craftsman Garage Door Opener

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve

I am installing a 1/2 hp door opener. I followed all the instructions but can not get the receiving sensor to show a steady green. I even tried putting the send and receive sensor face to while wired and still could not get the steady green light. I have searched the instruction manual but can’t find any fixes. Any advice?

George W Bush

This is of course, another of the unending concerns of us all, post 9/11. For years the simplicity and integrity of our blessed 1/2 hp door opener has kept the parts-of-walls-where there-is-no-wall firmly closed or open depending on moral outlook. 9/11 has changed all that, the arising instability in the Middle and Far East threatens of very way of opening doors. In the 21st Century are we expected to use of mere hands, muscles and arms to open a door!! Think again Osama. Freedom loving people of this country need and love the practicality of a door opener. It has therefore been one of the toughest yet I feel most reighteous, of the decisions I have had to make since becoming President. I will not rest, the fight will go on, our lives will be free. And we will close all the doors!

BobF

Not sure what to suggest except to put everything back where it belongs and check the connections. Check that the wires are not pinched by staples. I don’t have much respect for Sears GDOs – prefer Genie – but they should work ok. Is there a hotline number you can call?

Jeremy in PA

Steve,

I had this problem a while ago and it drove me nuts. But the fix was easy. Make sure that the wires from the sensors are on the right terminals at the opener. There are colors to each scew for each of the 4 wires. That was my problem and as soon as I made the switch it worked fine.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.