• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Marty

I have an older American Standard toilet(3.5gallon) that has developed some hairline cracks in the bowl. If you run your finger over them, you can’t even feel them. But I’m afraid this may be a sign this toilet has had it and needs to be replaced. But I don’t want to part with my 3.5 gallon flush. Any suggestions? Can I repair the bowl with some sort of porceline stuf that you can repair tubs with? Or can I get a new bowl to go with my old tank?
      Looking forward to an answer.
      Thanks, Marty

Henry in MI

How close are you to Canada? It is illegal for manufacturers to sell 3.5’s in the US. Many retailers have a few left for theirown use or for friends. Many manufacturers have scrapped their 3.5 molds. So you have a choice, you can try to find a used one or you can travel to Canada and still legally buy one, but I am not sure about the regulations for bringing one back. A third choice, I guess, is to hold it until the government gets rid of this stupid regulation and the manufacturers decide to make new molds. Wait ’til you hear what they are doing on galvanized pipe!
      Henry

Marty

I appreciate info on Canadian toilets, but I don’t think that answers my question. I need to know whether I can fix what I have or not. If anyone knows, please respond. FAST.
      Thanks

Mike

Hey Marty,

Quit goofing around, take out the old pot and replace it with a quality (kohler or equiv.) and get on with your life.
      Mike

Marty

What are you, Mike, a Kohler salesman?

Joe Marra

My toilet is leaking. I changed the the rubber stopper and it is still leaking. What can I do? Thanks

Unregistered-lsmall@pasco.k12.fl.us

My toilet wont completely empty. The line is not clogged and the septic tank is not full.

any suggestions?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.