Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum Tired of dust from sanding? Try this trick.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Dave Free

Just completed some drywall repair. Our biggest challenge was the dust we created each time sanded the “mud.” Came up with a great idea that really works. Attach your electric sander to the hose of your shop vac. We used a section of an old bicycle inner tube. You can read more about it, including pictures, here:
      http://www.seedsofgrowth.com/innovation-101

crawl312
      Participant

Guys,
      I do have to tell you that if you start feeling stuffy or headachy, do not wait to see a doctor. My father and I did what you all did – I can see by all the dust around your noses and mouth that you did inhale alot – and we waited to go the the doctor and ended up VERY sick from the dust. We had to have sinused washed out and mega antibiotics plus my dad already had asbestosis so it was bad. That dust is serious stuff and can cause lung and sinus problems.

Unregistered-Tom

I’ve done almost the exact same thing, except I formed a box to surround the sander, connecting the hose to the box then attaching the other end to a bucket top with about 12″ water in the bucket; a second hose connected to the same bucket going to my vac. this way the dust doesnt clog the filter making a mess in the vacumn, instead it is forced into the water and there it stays… much simpler to clean than the dusty vacumn….!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.