• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Sanchez

I have removed tile but still have to remove the thinset mortar. Is there another method faster than a hammer and chisel ? My last resort will be an air chisel or a small electric jack-hammer.

Michael Cambridge

How can I remove the mastic material that attached the tile so I can cover the area with an epoxy floor coating?

Patti Lightizer

Did you get any good ideas? We have ripped up the ceramic tile in our kitchen and are now faced with removing the mortar underneath it. Did you get any good suggestions for removing it?

Thank you,

Patti Lightizer

Karen Miller

What is the best and easiest way to remove thinset from concrete?

I dod not see an answer to this at this site.

Karen

Ted

If it’s a small area, go with the cold chisel and hammer. If it’s a large area, you could use the air chisel, but the also make a air powered floor scraper that works good. You will still need to get “down and dirty”. The thinset was put down and not made to come up!! Have Fun!

jay

I have some thinset that has been spilled onto the top of some tile. I need to remove this before I grout. I was thinking of a muratic acid wash to get it off. It is a thin layer that was not completely wiped from the joints of a 2×2 tile floor. I started scrping but I think I would redo the tile before doing this, And I dont want to do that!

Diana

I recently had my bathroom remodeled and I am unable to use my shower. I had a plumber come in and told me there is mortar like material stuck in the drain. IS there something that can be put down the drain to remove this?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.