• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      billyg

I would like to change my mechanical/mercury thermostat to a programmable digital. I have purchased a Hunter Model 44760 thermostat for a heat pump.Here are the current terminal designations on my Day and Night thermostat. W1-white wire,Y-yellow wire, G-green wire, R- red wire and O- orange wire. In addition there are three wires unused in the wall behind the thermostat, black, blue and brown. The Hunter terminals do not all correspond. They are; R-red 24VACsupply,Y1-Compressor stage 1, W2-Auxiliary heating *(there is no W1), E- emergency heating, O- reversing valve (cooling mode), B- reversing valve (heating mode), G- fan, L- system monitor and C- 24VAC common. Also noted in the install manual are the following two notes; 1. common wire of 24V AC transformer is required for thermostat and 2. if your heat pump thermostat does not have an E wire, use the provided jumper wire to connect the E terminal to the W2 terminal. Can someone tell me how I should wire this step by step. I would assume that the wires that are the same go to the corresponing terminal ( R, G and O), but what about the W1 (should it go to the W2) and the Y (should it go to the Y1)? Also, would one of the wires in the wall, unused be the common for the C?

lg

yellow to y1 and white to c.others stay the same.and you do need the jumper.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.