Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-kabgator

We have a house with terrazo floors throughout, however the previous owner put carpet down over the terrazo. There are carpet adhesive swirls and tack strips left after the carpet removal. A flooring company told us that the adhesive would ‘eat’ thru the terrazo and even if we got the adhesive up that we would still ‘see’ the swirls. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best remove the adhesive? I am hoping to be able to remove the adhesive and give the floor a good buff and seal. I’m not looking for brand new floors…I would just like to save the terrazo if possible and not have to tile it. Money is factor and we were quoted $9/sqft more for the terrazo restore vs. tile. Any help would be appreciated.
      thanks

thiggy
      Participant

I believe some of the info you received is incorrect. Terrazzo is a stone/masonry product and I don’t think that the adhesive could “eat through” it. However, it probably is permanently stained by the adhesive. Additionally, where the tack strips were nailed into the terrazzo you will have holes chipped out. My guess is the terrazzo is no longer useable as a finished floor surface.

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

is finding the equip to do the work properly,,, bug/nail holes aren’t a problems if you have the experience.

might start w/franmar’s beanee-doo, lo-speed buffer, & black pad – see what happens,,, at least you can rent the buffer.

no financial interest

http://www.itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative concrete artisan
      concrete repairs

itsreallyconcrete
      Participant

that’s why you’re a moderator & also smart enough not to be a terrazzo restorer 😉 that work’s a specialty – even equipment.

http://www.itsreallyconcrete.com
      decorative concrete artisan
      concrete repairs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.