Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-hi

by agreeing to the terms of use – does that mean you guys can put spyware or other monitoring software in my computer at any time without telling me, be it now or in the future.

i think I will not post on this site any more. Other sites don’t make me sign FINE PRINT in order to post.

Bye

tomh
      Participant

I use 3 different anti-spyware programs. Spysubtaact Pro, AdAware 6 and Spybot. I have never had spyware loaded on this site and have been comming here for years. The site does load a cookie and appears to target advertizing based on the subject matter of the post you are viewing. The adserver and cookies can be easily blocked, and do not affect the use of the site.

If you don’t believe me, I suggest you load a good anti-spyware program and test for spyware before and after posting on this site. I have NEVER had tracking software added to my computer from here.

Handyman
      Participant

discussions.tommmymac.us uses cookies and session cookies to keep you logged in, see how many pages you visit etc. Any information we have is used in agrregate and not by individual user. It lets us know if visitors are a returning users or a first time visitor. Will it track what you do when you leave our site? No. Many other sites assume you agree to their fine print just by visiting. We want to make you aware. We believe an informed public will make better posters.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.