• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Carrie

We have a tankless system in our 5 year old home. In the winter, we have a problem with getting hot water in our shower, on occassion. We will get boiling hot water everywhere else in the house, but upstairs in the bathroom. We were told that we might want to consider getting a water tank to supplement our tankless system. My husband and I thought that tankless systems meant instant, on demand, hot water. Why would we need a tank? Additionally, can you suggest anything that would help rectify this situtation without the purchase of a separate tank?

plumber Tom

Inlet size determines the GPM flow rate. Check to see if you have a 1/2 or 3/4 pipe feeding the inlet. You may be able to change the inlet size of the pipe to recify the situation.

BobF

IMHO they are a poor choice if the hot water users are not all right there at the heater. If the pipe size does not fix the problem, then you need another tankless heater at the upstairs bath.

dp

you got one of them anti-scald shower controls?

if the water is hot everywhere except that shower, i would think the probblem is in that shower and not the hot water system, this is of course if like you say, yoy have no problem anywhere else in home, only this one shower

just a thought, you may need to fix the shower anti-scald

dp

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.