• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed

I have a small area where the T1-11 siding is begining to delaminate. Any solutions other than cutting out & replacing the bad area? I’ll need to stain over any solution. Thanks, Ed

Henry in MI

Sorry, Ed. I think that you can take the lack of responses to mean that nobody has a better answer than replacement. I guess that you could try to glue it back together with epoxy or something but I don’t think that this would be successful over the long term.

Henry in MI

ZeroviZ

Ed, My solution is a little awkward. Check to see who the builder for your house was. More to the point, who made the T111. Because I just found out two days ago that a certain company had a class action suit filed against them and they lost. The research on this is what is consuming my AOL time. I know the company name but don’t want to divulge it in the open. If you are interested, send me an email.

Ray Spencer

Can T1-11 be used indoors as a ceiling and is it unsafe to use due to being treated?

pestboy

the reason t1-11 siding fails is because of abuse or neglet…period. Next time take care of your home properly and you wont need to post your problem.

Virginia Hansen

Do you have any information on the class action suit? Also is there anyway to protect the siding that has not started to turn to mush? Is there anything that can be done with existing soggy siding? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. I believe I forgot to add my e-mail on a previous message. vh

jeff

Is there anything in particular I need to do on the bottom edge of t1-11 to make it weather proof etc.? It’s going on an exterior side of a shed. I’m putting treated 1X4 along the top. Thanks.

Bruce Goddard

Is there a class-action suit against LP for T1-11 plywood siding? I have a client that owns a multi-family apartment complex that may have T1-11 siding that is failing. Is there any recourse?

Jerry L. Moody

Priming and painting T-111 siding should I use acrylic primer or oil based. Do I caulk between each panel to seal the joints.

Sue Huff

Would you consider a nicely done T1-11 sided shed comparable to a hardyplank sided home if the trim on the shed and the house match in color. We are having a dispute with our covenants in our home owner’s association saying that the siding material must be comparable for the house and the shed. Please let me know what your thoughts on this are. Thanks!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.