• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jerry

Does anyone know how thick you can apply stucco ( brown coat ). I am enclosing a patio and to make it flush with my existing home I need to bring it out about 1 and 1/4 inch. I have already put the chicken wire/lathe on. One guy who I got a quote from said I should take that off and put on a 1 inch foam board and then the chicken wire/ lath over that to make it all flush with my existing home and the new doors and windows I put in. If I do do this, does anyone have any hints as to what the easiest way to take of the wire is? or would just adding a 1/2 inch foam board and then a new chicken wire by just as good?

Steve:

Taco Bell, a fast food mexican chain of foods, had to remove all the sidings from their business’s recently in the area. There was a rash of this going on in the country about a year ago or so.

What many did was use foam behind stucco and I think sprayed the stucco on the foam and used it as a backer board.

Well, the moisture and water and condensation settled in the foam and developed “the dreaded “M” word, yes I am talking about MOLD for all you people in “river city”. And you know what happened next, yes, tear it all down and remove the foam and remove the dreaded MOLD and lay down the conventional lathe material and spray on your stucco.

So, I would suggest that you consider using foam.

We do not want any MOLD

By the way, what did our ancestors do when they found mold? I have always wanted to know. Did they have a EPA that came out and removed MOLD? These things make me wonder out loud.

JERRY

THIS DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AT ALL. ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO TRY

Rose

I have a block (masonary) home. Is chicken wire/lath required over the masonary? Or can the stucco be placed directly on the masonary?

An answer to this question will be greatly appreciated.

Rose

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.