• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven Doner

Have you had any experience with strawbale construction using post and beam constructio? If so I would like to knwo what you think of this method. Also I noticed on your last show a large cement pour where there was pipe laid in the cement, I presume for heating purposes, is there sources you could point me to for information on that. Is it wise to lay all your plumbing lines in the concrete or under it, what if leak were to occure later?
      Thank you for your time.

toto

straw bale construction with post and beam.
      How does one get any info you are presenting on the subject?

Jill Atkinson

I am planning a free standing wall around a courtyard in front of a mobile home in a southwestern flavor with stucco and several arches. I need books and/or info.

Bill Schelhorn

Did you not feature a program on straw bail construction on a house in the south west, I think Arziona. If so I would like info. on that project. Thanks Bill

Jim O’Brien

Hi,

I am currently helping a friend build a post and beam strawbale home in Bemidji, MN. His web site is http://www.livegreen.org He has a great site with documentation and lots of pics. I will be starting mine in the spring of 2004. Currently looking in to a japanese post and beam system getting ready to fly in the usa for home building. It’s like putting togather an erector set. Very simple. Also, a product called lumber link by socket systems in VA is a cool method of post and beam cheap too. Check it out or email me for links. Good Luck!

P.S. you may want to join the SB-R-US group on yahoo for discussions on SB around the world. 250+ memebers.

jim

jim

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.