• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brenda Ortiz

Hi Bob,

We are having a home built in Calvert County. Move in date will be June 2004.I love the home but the backyard is a steep hill. Could you please give me some ideas what to do with our backyard.

Thank you

Brenda Ortiz

dp

about 49 lbs of plastic explosive?

or build retaining walls and terreace it all the way up. should only cost a quarter million

or lemon trees? rice paddies? olive grove?

the chioces are endles

BTW, why buy land you dont even like?

dp

Daniel E. Fall

Which way is the slope. If it slopes toward the house, that is a major issue that should be thorougly addressed by architect and builder.

If it slopes away, the first suggestion is a walkout, obviously. The second suggestion is to try to locate it on the lot, if possible, to get the best flat area in back. The final suggestion is to make sure the builder keeps all the excavated material on site for your backyard. He’ll have to put up a couple or 3 silt fences, and the best suggestion is for you to hydro some wildflowers over it, given it is a decent loam.

On sloping yards, use an excelsior blanket when seeding, or sod the entire yard beyond where you will be mowing. Mow only the flat areas.

My Mom and Dad have a similar walkout/hill yard, and they don’t have much of a backyard, but they get to watch a lot of wildlife.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.