• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MH

We have a BIG problem at the “H” household, all the toilets stop up often. i know this is a result of the new style, ours installed 1991.

Anyone have any suggestions on a new repqalcement, some make great claims. Anuone have any firsthand experience?

tomh

I hear a lot of complaints, but the trap design and quality of the porcelein must make a difference. We have both Kohler and Eljer 1.6 gallon flush from the same era, and they have never required an assist. Firsthand experience, LOL.

Ed

I have put in a few Kohler Wellworths over the past 10 years and I have no problems with them. I highly recommend them and they are not very expensive either. (Yes you can cheaper – but don’t.) The elongated bowl is supposed to be pretty good too, but the plain round bowl is better. I did some research on the net and found that the American Standard (forget model) was rated highly too so I tried that. I regretted going away from my Kohler. It wasn’t bad, but there were a few clogs.

Dodgeman

I have had one of these in the house for the last 10 years. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I’ve had to “plunger” it. Its performance is on a par with the old 3 to 5 gallon units.

I would buy another tomorrow.

Good Luck!

Dodgeman

MH

Sounds like American Standard or the Kohler for me! We have builder’s grade now, there has got to be better. I saw one advertised to flush 2 dozen golf balls in one flush. I’d almost pay to see that! Thanks, MH

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.