• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      tim

I’m looking at buying a house that has a slight tobacco odor throughout. If I replace the carpet and all furniture, is there any danger of the odor staying. Is there a guaranteed way to get rid of it?

fred

The particles that cause the odors adhere to surfaces, and will get into porous items(such as sofas). The smoke won’t get past the paint on the walls, but if you wish to get rid of the smell in the shortest amount of time, you should wash the walls( I used to smoke, and it helps). The only area that could cause the smell to linger for a while (it will go away on it’s own) would be fiberglass ducts for airconditioning (a lot of surface area to adhere to).

Scotty2Hotty

there is pretty much no chance in hell.

elaine

what can I do to get rid of the burnt food smell in my home that will not cost anything?

J RIGGS

HOW CAN I GET THE SMELL OF BURNT RICE FROM HOUSE. HAD TO GET RID OF MICROWAVE. PLEAS HELP. JUDY

Jackie Michaelis

We had to put our fireplace out with a fire extinquiser and the smoke filled the livingroom and kitchen. Is there a way to get the smell out? I heard something about setting a pail of amonia in the room overnight.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.