Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-ladyatwitsend

i had another bathroom installed in my home over a year ago. the bathroom has really not been used, although there is a terrible smell in it sometimes. i am assuming it is the pipes?? i go in and flush the commode every now and then. not sure why. could it be the pipes?? i live in a 1940 bungalow. please, someone help. does it need a drain cleaner??? what is safe to use for the pipes? i am a single woman and can’t stand it.it seems to be worse when it is damp outside or been raining.

Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi,
      Hope this helps solve your problem. A friend of mind had a similar problem with there basement bathroom that they hadn’t used in months. The smell was awful. It turned out to be the U Trap drain in the bathroom floor had dried out. They poured a couple of buckets of water down there to re-fill the trap to stop the raw sewage smell coming though. In know time the smell had gone. Also if you haven’t used your shower in a long time pour water down there as well.

What really helps to get your drain pipes flushed clean is to bring your garden hose though the bathroom window and turn it on full strength down the traps and into the toilet. Don’t forget to put some old towels on the floor to prevent water escaping out of the door.

Lets hope it’s a simple as that.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.