• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-kman 19

I have a house on a slab. what would I put around the outside edge of the house to prevent any water from coming in. I just recently put in fill sand and gravel to build up my driveway and it was higher than my house so I built up around ny house with sand but it just absorbed the water and it came inside the living area. I ordered some Limestone to put around the house but should I put it on top of the sand? The contractor said this would harden up and water would not be able to come in. He also said after I spread it around I could drive a tractor over it and not leave any tire prints because of hoe hard it was. I am assuming could build ti up to slope it away from the house so the water would just run away naturally.

Unregistered-billy

dig away the fill around the slab, about a foot wide, down about a foot. this trench will then slope to a lower area or storm drain or even a rockpit in the yard. put in 4″ perforated drain tile and cover with 3/4″ drain rock. no more problems…

Unregistered-Dr. Drainage

The surest way would be to install an exterior foundation drain around your house that will carry the unwanted water away via GRAVITY. This will guarantee that you won’t have water seeping into your living area. Check out http://www.bobcats4hire.com for detailed photos on how to install this type of system.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.