• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wally

I’m considering putting in a couple of skylights for more natural lighting. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with any particular product?

Jay J

Wally,

I’ll pay more for a better window in the Velux line when it comes to skylights. I personally haven’t heard great things about Anderson and Pella in this line.

When you order the window, make sure you have the RIGHT pitch! There are special flashing kits for low-pitch roofs. (At least VELUX does, and if another mfgr. doesn’t, I’d ask, “WHY?”.)

Here’s Velux’s link: Velux. Best to ya. Home Depot has them and can order what you need.

Jay J

Fred

http://www.dayliter.com is a good place to look for reliable glass and acrylic skylights. They’re a Canadian Manufacturer in BC and you can buy direct instead of going through all the mark up of places like Home Depot and other distributors. They have a lifetime leakage warrantee worth looking into. Make sure you check your pitch and get the right flashing kit. They have suggested installers depending on your needs too.

babe

where can i find pictures of skylights using gears, cranks, levers and linkages, cam and followers & rack and pinion

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.